Your new Smoothboard Guitar is warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years from date of purchase for the original owner, subject to limitations contained in this warranty. If at any time your Smoothboard guitar malfunctions as a result of faulty materials or workmanship Smoothboard Fretless Guitars will repair or replace the guitar, as it deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If replacement of your guitar is deemed appropriate we will replace the guitar with one of the same or most similar style of a value not in excess of the original purchase price + 10%. A copy of your original proof of purchase must accompany all requests for warranty coverage.
This Warranty is subject to the following limitations and conditions:
- Any instrument that has been altered or modified in any way.
- Any instrument that has been damaged due to misuse, negligence, accident or improper operation.
- The subjective issue of tonal characteristics
- Shipping damages of any kind.
- Any guitar that has been subjected to extremes of humidity and temperature.
- Normal wear and tear (i.e. worn frets, worn machine heads, worn plating, string replacement, scratched pick guard, or damage to or discoloration of the guitars finish for any reason).
- Any guitar that has been purchased from an unauthorized dealer, or upon which unauthorized repair, service, or modification has been preformed.
- Cracking, discoloration or damage of any sort to the finish or plating for any reason.
- The instrument was not unsold at the time of purchase for a period of time exceeding ten years. The date can be determined by looking at the first three places in the serial number. The first two digits in the serial number are the last two digits of the year, and the third digit in the serial number signifies the month (1-9=Jan-Sept, X=October, Y=November, Z=December).
Smoothboard Fretless Guitars makes no other express warranty, whether written or oral, with respect to this product. All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, exceeding the specific provisions of this warranty are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this warranty. Some states and/or counties do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties so that the above may not apply to you.
Smoothboard Fretless Guitars shall not be liable for any special, indirect consequential, incidental or similar damages suffered by the purchaser or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits or business or damages resulting from use or performance of the guitar. Whether in contact or in tort, even if Smoothboard Fretless Guitars or its authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and Smoothboard Fretless Guitars shall not be liable foe any expenses, claims or suits arising out of or relating to any of the forgoing.
How to obtain Warranty Service
Contact Smoothboard Fretless Guitars by sending an email to email@example.com.
When contacting us for a request for warranty services you must state exact description of the concern you are requesting the service for along with your original date of purchase. Smoothboard Fretless Guitars will return to you a return authorization number along with shipping instructions. All guitars will be sent to Smoothboard Fretless Guitars solely at the orginal owners expense and must be insured for the full value of the guitar.